Votre leader canadien en instrumentation depuis 1946.
Instrument Screens/Shelters MetSpec Instrument Shelters are an established industry standard and are sold to many national meteorologicalservices and industrial customers worldwide. They have proven to be exceptionally durable over many years, andare in daily use in many countries with extreme and varied climates. Their innovative design features a durable whitepowder-coated frame and robust outer louvers […]
MetSpec Instrument Shelters are an established industry standard and are sold to many national meteorological
services and industrial customers worldwide. They have proven to be exceptionally durable over many years, and
are in daily use in many countries with extreme and varied climates. Their innovative design features a durable white
powder-coated frame and robust outer louvers which are resistant to UV radiation and chemical attack.
The design of the shelters feature a white outer reflective surface, combined with an inner barrier of non-reflective,
black louvers. This prevents sunlight and reflected radiation reaching the sensors or thermometers, whilst still
allowing air to flow across them. Inter-comparison trials have confirmed that errors under adverse conditions are
significantly less than inside the old wooden Stevenson Screens.
• Extremely durable design
• Accuracy in trials
• Improved protection against wind-blown precipitation
• Secure installation of thermometers, with stable mounting
• Durable white reflective UV stable plastic and aluminium frame
Testing of Metspec Screens has been carried out by several national meteorological services.
Test reports are available upon request.
For our standard range of Screens, in conditions of high
solar radiation and wind speeds less than 1 m/s the readings were compared with aspirated shields and
traditional wooden Stevenson Screens.
The errors were less than half those recorded in wooden Stevenson
and close to those in aspirated shields.
• Double louvred high impact thermoplastic louvres
• White external layer, with UV stabiliser for long-term weather resistance
• Extra black internal layer
• Aluminium frame with durable white powder coating
• A4 grade (316), stainless steel bolts used throughout
• High impact UV stable rooves and floors
• Easy mounting onto metal structures
• Padlockable doors at the front and rear, which hinge downwards