mainSENSOR is based on an innovative measuring principle, which has been developed by Micro-Epsilon in order to combine the advantages of both inductive and magnetic sensors. Magneto-inductive sensors are frequently used as alternative to inductive sensors and proximity sensors in process automation, the packaging industry and in machine monitoring. Measuring the distance to a magnet which is fixed at the measurement object, the sensors outputs a continuous, linear output signal. As different strength magnets are applied, measuring ranges of between 20mm and 55mm can be achieved. However, in order to adapt the measuring range, it is only necessary to change the magnet.
- Magneto-inductive displacement and distance measurement
- Ideal alternative to inductive sensors and proximity sensors
- Linear output signal, high basic sensitivity and temperature stability
- Selectable measuring ranges up to 55mm with different magnets
- Long-life sensor due to non-contact measurement
- Ideal for customer-specific designs and high-volume application
Magneto-inductive Sensors (click the links below to see detailed info)