The laser-based snow depth sensor Lufft SHM31 stands for millimeter-accurate snow level detection over long distances in all weather conditions without any maintenance, due to opto-electronic/laser based rangefinder technology.
Millimeter-accurate snow levels in all weather conditions: The SHM 31 operates with a visible, easy-to-measure measuring beam. The snow depth is given up to 15 meters within seconds, millimeter-accurate and reliable. Various heating functions significantly extend the lifetime of the laser diode and allow high-quality measurement data in all weather conditions. Regular maintenance becomes redundant with the SHM 31. A very robust housing and an elaborate operation principle allows almost no maintenance work throughout the lifetime of the sensor.
|Parameters measured:||Snow depth|
|Measurement technology:||opto-electronic measuring technique (rangefinder; laser distance sensor) with eye-safe laser|
|Product highlights:||Determination of snow depth over long distances, heating options allow high quality measurements in all weather conditions, simplified installation due to automatic inclination angle compensation|
|Interfaces:||RS485 & RS232 with UMB, UMB-ASCII 2.0 & SDI12 protocol|
Advantages of the Snow Height Sensor Lufft SHM31
- Measurement of millimeter-accurate snow levels over long distances
- Various heating functions significantly extend the lifetime of the laser diode and allow high-quality measurement data in all weather conditions
- Compact and weatherproof housing
- Built-in automatic angle meter allows simplified installation.
- Effective suppression of scattered light
- Differentiation between snow and other natural surfaces
- Optical measuring method is independent of temperature or wind fluctuations and thus offers a great advantage over conventional ultrasonic sensors
- Maintenance-free operation: no calibration or exchange of desiccant